EyeWorld offers multiple methods of reaching the ophthalmic surgeon with enduring contents. As the official news magazine of ASCRS, all EyeWorld enduring materials are ensured immediate recognition and credibility among the ophthalmic community.
Distribution channels and media
Recognizing that physicians today obtain their information through a variety of sources and media, EyeWorld has the ability to produce:
• Print supplements
• Digital supplements
• Video on-demand
• Audio and video podcasts
• Web-based programming
These projects are designed to provide ophthalmologists with content that either introduces or reinforces new information on therapies, procedures, or products.
EyeWorld can create economies of scale to enable an interested industry partner to produce materials using one or more of these media options simultaneously.
EyeWorld can produce enduring contents from a wide variety of sources including:
• Coverage of U.S. and international ophthalmic meetings
• EyeWorld Education events
• EyeWorld Corporate Event programming
• Physician roundtables (live or virtual)
• One-on-one interviews conducted by EyeWorld editorial staff with a preselected faculty
• Coverage of independent, corporate-sponsored events
EyeWorld provides full marketing to promote the release of enduring contents through the use of:
• Print advertising
• Banner ads in EyeWorld Weekly Update, the weekly electronic newsletter
• Banner ads on EyeWorld.org
• The latest technology permitting interactivity between mobile devices and print materials
EyeWorld assures reach of enduring materials to physicians through a variety of outlets including:
• EyeWorld magazine: Print supplements appearing in EyeWorld magazine are assured the broadest circulation of any ophthalmic print publication
• EyeWorld Daily News: With proper advance planning, a supplement may appear in EyeWorld Daily News, the official meeting daily of the ASCRS•ASOA Symposium & Congress
• EyeWorld rePlay: Audio, video, and slides from a live event may be captured and posted on EyeWorld rePlay, EyeWorld’s web-based video library
• EyeWorld.org: All EyeWorld print supplements are posted in e-book form on EyeWorld.org. Supplements are also made available as downloadable PDFs on the site.
• Global distribution: Through its own publication network as well as alliances with global publications, EyeWorld enduring contents can be leveraged through economies of scale to reach more than 70,000 ophthalmologists worldwide. See below for more information.
• Digital.eyeworld.org, a mobile-friendly repository of current and archived supplements, as well as EyeWorld, EyeWorld Asia-Pacific, and Ophthalmology Business current and back issues.
ASCRS and EyeWorld recognize the globalization of developments in anterior segment surgery. Through an alignment with several international ophthalmic surgical societies and publications, EyeWorld can create enduring content that can reach a global audience of more than 70,000 physicians. EyeWorld enduring content services may now be delivered to an international audience via:
• EyeWorld USA: Reaching the entire U.S. ophthalmic community as well as all international ASCRS members
• EyeWorld Asia-Pacific: Circulated to all members of the Asia-Pacific Association of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons, the Chinese Ophthalmological Society, the All-India Society, and the Korean Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
• EyeWorld Russia: Serving members of the Russian Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgery
• Eurotimes*: Distributed to the Eurotimes European circulation list
• Foco*: Circulated to 8,000 Brazilian ophthalmologists
• ALACCSA.com*: Posted PDF on the Latin American Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons website
• EyeWorld rePlay: An interactive web-based content capture system on the globally accessible EyeWorld.org site
• Podcast, e-book, PDF, and video on-demand on the globally accessible EyeWorld.org site
*Through a joint marketing alliance